The selected businesses will join Axe IA at Mila in September 2020, receiving tailored support as well as a number of benefits, including:
- Technological acceleration (co-development clubs with Mila, private counselling sessions with a pool of AI experts, access to students enrolled in the professional Master’s program, etc.);
- Business acceleration (strategic sales, risk management, HR, legal, etc. workshops), monthly coffee with a venture capitalist, industry conferences, etc.);
- Preferred access to a network of technology peers;
- A seat in Mila’s industrial coworking space, access to training, and much more.
Axe IA’s services are aimed at driving growth for Québec technology businesses, whose business model includes artificial intelligence as a key component.
Discover the five selected businesses:
- Gray develops resource allocation software focused on optimizing the functional efficiency of oncology clinics (GrayClinic) resulting in reduced patient wait-times, higher patient throughput, reduced stress and ultimately, superior patient care.
- Grokvideo provides a video search solution, which is a product of AI in deep learning using machine vision and natural language processing.
- LinguAI provides parents and clinicians a customized speech recognition solution to monitor children’s speech and language development and detect speech and language disorders.
- Phyla provides an AI powered digital health platform combined with at-home microbiome stool testing for personalized gastrointestinal monitoring.
- Lux specializes in the design, manufacturing and operation of atmospheric satellites for Earth observation. Lux leverages its unique data sets from satellites to build online decision-making tools for civil and defence organizations.
These businesses were selected based on their commercial and technological potential, the strength of their project and their ability to innovate. The technology that they create and use already allows them to carve out an enviable position for themselves in their respective industries, in addition to developing solutions that address current social and environmental issues.
Axe IA welcomed 12 startups last year in a broad range of industries, including the aerospace, biomedical and life sciences sectors. The initiative aimed at driving commercialization for new AI projects has provided results. Working in collaboration with Mila, Espace CDPQ | Axe IA plans to continue its commitment and to support these five new businesses in their growth and expansion.
Through this initiative, Espace CDPQ aims to support innovative industries as well as the growth and globalization of Québec SMEs.
About Espace CDPQ
Created by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Espace CDPQ is an investment and development hub for partnership and collaboration, focused on one ambition: to accelerate the growth and globalization of Québec SMEs. Its goal is to combine the networks, expertise and financial means of Espace CDPQ resident partners to benefit Québec companies. Together, the partners, who include investment firms and organizations working in the growth and development of companies, represent a network of over 1,500 companies of all sizes and from all industries, and offer bridges to over 170 countries. For more information about Espace CDPQ, visit espacecdpq.com, follow us on Twitter at @espacecdpq or consult our Facebook or LinkedIn pages.
Images used in this article courtesy of Morgan Petroski / Source: Unsplash